When you are hungry, a bowl full of granola, either with milk or yoghurt is a perfect combination of food to offer your body. I still remember the taste of homemade granola bars that my grandmother used to cook. The thin crust and proportionate set of all the ingredients added to it was just out of the world. Though granny is not alive and her handmade granola bars have gone to her forever, but a load of thanks to all the wonderful companies dealing in ready-made granola. People’s love for this hunger satiating snack stays still alive with their continual efforts in the food industry.
It is one of the deep sources of fiber and serves to keep the intestines in a healthy condition. It gives a fuller feeling for a longer time. Just give your child some granola bars to eat on his/her breakfast, and don’t care even if the lunch you provided to them for school has not been consumed, as you know that your child had a full share of breakfast to stay energetic throughout the daytime.
There are a few important reasons for this amazing snack, being so popular among the masses:
1. It is certainly a very delicious and a portable snack item. Most of the people carry it in their bags and munch it, when hungry.
2. It is crunchy and is available in various flavors. Just grab any of the flavor of your choice and enjoy eating it.
3. It is a heavy food item and keep a person full for several hours.
4. Being a high fiber diet, it serves as a great food for the people on their weight loss plans.
5. People with a sweet tooth may not avoid it every time, as there are companies that makes use of honey as a sweetener in it.
6. Kids love it and eat it readily without troubling their mothers.
With the growing craze for gluten-free diet, the food industry is concentrating a lot on the manufacturing of gluten-free products. People suffering from celiac disease may find it really difficult to digest gluten and consider avoiding it. Gluten sensitivity in human beings may cause diarrhea, constipation, gas, bloating, headache, fatigue or problems with concentration. Even the producers of ready-made granola bars are considering the consumer fad for this novel diet concept, and are concentrating more on gluten free snack to serve their end users, especially to the people suffering from celiac. It serves as a healthy snack to anybody who experience irritating hunger pangs at any time of a day.
Gluten free granola is prepared by adding all the necessary ingredients, excluding gluten. In fact, the concept of a gluten-free snack is extremely popular across the United States of America and makes it one of the popular snack and breakfast choices for most of the Americans.
Over the past few decades, people are concentrating more on consumption of nutritious and healthy food. That is the reason for most of the food industries stressing on the nutritional benefits of the kind of food product they deal with and granola bar manufacturers are not an exception.