Immunity is the power of the body to defend itself against germs. Our immune system is made up of specialized cells that recognize foreign invaders or antigens and destroy them, keeping you hale and hearty. Actually when an antigen enters your body, it is confronted by a barrage of antibodies produced by the white blood cells of the immune system. Then a battle follows between the antigen and antibodies until the antigen is completely destroyed. Low immunity or immune deficiency is an immune system disorder. It implies that your immune system is not strong enough to ward off diseases. If a person has low immunity, he or she will get the following symptoms: swollen lymph glands, frequent cold & flu, frequent cold sores, frequent genital herpes, frequent fever, fatigue, insomnia, dark circles under eyes, chronic infections and sores. The person with low immunity is also susceptible to cancer. The causes of low immunity may be listed as follows:
1. Consumption of a diet high in free radicals
3. Insufficient sleep
5. Low stomach acidity
7. Neutropenia or low white blood cell count
8. Transplant surgery
9. Blood transfusions
10. Inflammatory bowel disease
14. Intake of anti-rejection drugs
Ways to cure low immunity:
1. Eat healthy. Your diet should be rich in antioxidants. Include food items like carrot, tomato, pumpkin, broccoli, green peppers, dried beans, leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, blueberries, whole grains, green tea, meat, tofu and oysters in diet. Eating healthy food is the most effective cure for low immunity.
2. Take Mumio tablets and supplements of Vitamin E, Iron, Zinc, Carotenoid and Selenium.
3. Manage your stress through deep breathing, meditation, warm bath, body massage and yoga.
4. Regular exercise for 30 minutes would boost your immunity.
5. Avoid sugar in diet
6. Sleep adequately
7. Give up smoking and alcohol intake
8. Check you obesity but not through crash dieting.
9. There are many herbal formulations such as Revival capsules, Shilajit, Sfoorti capsules that can be taken as natural immunity enhancer.
10. You can try out the following home remedies to cure low immunity:
a) Consume 6 ounces of yoghurt to pump up your immunity.
b) Intake of Echinacea capsule or tea is a good cure for low immunity.
c) Crush some garlic cloves and take with water. It has immunity boosting properties.
d) Grind flaxseeds to a powder. In a bowl, mix 3 grams of flaxseed powder, 3 grams of sesame seeds, paste of 2 almonds and honey. Consume this mixture on empty stomach every morning. This will raise your immunity level.
e) Drink glassful milk at bedtime. This increases your immunity.
f) Put carrots, beet roots, ginger, Indian gooseberry, some water and a pinch of rock salt in a juicer and extract the juice. Drink the juice. It is an effective immune building drink.
Related 5 Ways To Cure Cancer Articles