If you are one of the many who are desperately trying to tone your abdominal muscles, you might have already found out that the fats in the stomach are some of those that are most stubborn and hardest to lose. Some may think finally getting a six-pack or at least a flat stomach entails the use of highly sophisticated and complicated machines that can also be quite costly. That doesn’t have to be the case, though. Here is a list of five quick and easy abdominal fat loss exercises that you can do in the comfort of your home that can help speed up you abdominal fat and weight loss process.
1. Bicycle Crunch Exercise. To do this, start by lying flat on your back on the floor. Put your hands beside your head then raise the knees to up to 45 degrees angle and then perform a pedaling motion much like what you do when riding a bicycle. While doing this, make sure to touch your left elbow to your right knee, and then vice versa. Do this to the count of ten and repeat at least 10 times, making sure to relax after each repetition.
2. Crunches. Crunches are one of the most popular exercises that aid fat and weight loss in the abdominal area. To start, lie flat on the floor or on an exercise ball, with your stomach sucked in and your eyes kept to the ceiling. Raise your upper body off the ground or the ball until it is at a 45-degree angle with the floor. Hold this position for two to three seconds before returning to starting position. Do three sets of ten to 15 repetitions of this fat and weight loss exercise.
You can also do a variation of the crunches by doing double crunches, which are essentially crunches combined with knee raises. This exercise promotes fat and weight loss in the lower abdominal region. To do double crunches, lie flat on your back with legs raised and knees bent at a 90 degree angle and parallel to the floor. Raise your upper body up to a 45 degree angle from the floor. Hold this position for two to three seconds. Do three sets of ten to 15 repetitions.
3. Standing Side Bends. Standing side bends encourages fat and weight loss in the oblique muscles. To start, stand up straight with your stomach sucked in, your legs straight and your hands at your sides. Then simply lean your body from left to right being careful not to rotate the hips and while keeping your upper body facing front. Do three sets consisting of ten to 15 repetitions.
A variation of standing side bends is the torso twist. Do the first steps required in the standing side bends exercise, but instead of bending side to side, twist or rotate your upper body from left to right while keeping legs straight. Perform three sets of ten to 15 repetitions. This exercise develops both the internal and external obliques.
4. Leg Lifts. To do leg lift exercises, lie flat on your back and then lift one leg up high, depending on what you can manage. Remain in this position for three counts, and then lower the leg. Do the same for the other leg. Finally, raise both legs high over your middle, hold the position for three counts, and then lower both legs. Do the exercise at least ten times.
5. Cat Stretch. Have you seen how a cat stretches out its back? This simple action is actually a quick and easy exercise that advances fat and weight loss in the abdominal area which you yourself can do at home. To start, get down on the floor on your hand and knees, with muscles relaxed and while looking straight ahead. Next, tighten your abdominal muscles while thrusting your back upward as far as you can. Hold this position for five counts before lowering your back. Repeat this exercise at least 25 times.
With these exercises, who says you have to hit the gym to finally get that to-die-for abdominals? Of course, along with being equipped with the proper knowledge on how to perform these exercises, you also have to throw in a good amount of determination and commitment so you can achieve desirable results in as little time as possible.
Find More Upper Body Weight Exercises List Related Articles below