There are many different detoxification and cleansing methods available, but one particular method has been popular the world over for decades. Just mention lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup, and everyone seems to have heard of the master cleanse lemonade diet.
The master cleanse was developed by the naturopath Stanley Burroughs in the 1940s. The master cleanse actually started out as an ulcer treatment, and only later became popular for its detoxifying benefits. Although it is not the primary intended purpose, many people also use the master cleanse for its effective and rapid weight loss results.
In fact, after Beyonce Knowles announced how she was able to loose 20 pounds in two weeks in preparation for her role in the movie Dreamgirls, the master cleanse reached new levels of popularity. Significant weight loss by other Hollywood stars and celebrities such as supermodel Naomi Campbell, Sherrie Shephard of The View, and Robin Quivers from the Howard Stern radio show, have helped to keep the master cleanse in the spotlight.
So does all the notoriety and popularity mean the master cleanse is effective in eliminating toxins and waste build up? Can it be used as an effective weight loss tool?
Toxins may come from the foods we eat such as meats and highly processed foods. Years of ingestion of high fat, high sodium and sugary foods with preservatives, artificial colors and flavors lead to toxins lodged in our body.
Aside from the unhealthy foods, our stressful environment and sedentary lifestyle can also significantly contribute to waste build-up in our bodies. Although we all know that we should exercise regularly, it can be difficult to prioritize.
It is important to detoxify your body regularly from all the harmful toxins. Toxins may lead to hypertension, kidney, colon, liver problems and a lot more. Those who have tried the master cleanse swear by it. Here’s why:
* After the first few days, you will experience an increase in energy level from eliminating toxins.
* The weight loss is rapid since it is a fasting cleanse and no food is consumed during the cleanse.
* The salt water flush and laxative tea are effective in eliminating the built-up waste that is loosened by drinking the lemonade.
* If done correctly, you can break undesirable eating habits.
* The master cleanse includes lemon juice as the primary ingredient which provides vitamin and citric acid that aid digestion.
* The cayenne pepper breaks down mucus in your body.
* The lemonade cleanse is a simple recipe that makes it easy for people to follow. No complicated instructions make it hard to mess up.
* There are numerous convenience products available on the market that allow people to do the master cleanse easily if they don’t want to squeeze lemons.
As in all programs, specific preparations are required to ensure maximum benefits. All you need to do is to follow the instructions. Consult with your dietician or doctor as an added precaution before starting the program.